I was listening to a podcast... (the 2018 edition)
Lately I was made aware by my colleagues that I begin a lot of sentences with the phrase "I was listening to a podcast..." and that is true. I listen to a lot of podcasts.
I have shared my podcast playlist before, but that list has shifted a little bit, so here's my updated list as of the summer of 2018 in no particular order but grouped by subject - kind of.
- Elm Town - A very good source for those interested in the Elm language
- Functional Geekery - Every episode a different person who does functional programming is interviewed in this show.
- Hanselminutes - Not always technical, and when technical it's about a wide range of subjects, in any case it's always very interesting.
- LambdaCast - Great for those beginning with functional programming, and if that's the case, it's worth listening from the beginning.
- Rework - From the Basecamp company, who produce a highly recommended book of the same title, it's a podcast about the business of running a tech company.
- Syntax - All around web development.
- Three Devs and a Maybe - Different subjects on development. Very entertaining.
- WTF# - It's not updated very often but if you are interested in the F# language
- Freakonomics Radio - Well, it's the podcast about the hidden side of everything.
- Planet Money - Economics for people who are not expert in the subject.
- Science Vs - Each episode is a subject being explored in the eyes of science.
- TED Radio Hour - You know TED right?
- This American Life
- Gugacast - This is the funniest one I listen to but it's in Portuguese.
- NerdCast - For years, this was considered the best podcast in Brazil. I've been listening to it for about a decade.
I love board games, I buy a lot of them so here are a couple on the subject.
I am a fan of the NBA and specially of the Orlando Magic, so here's what I listen to keep up to date with that.